By 2020 Malaysia will be a self-sufficient industrialized nation encompassing all aspects of life from economic prosperity, social well-being, world class education, political stability s well as psychological balance....so say's our Tun Dr Mahathir! If truth be told I must confess that I had problems understanding Mahathir'rs vision because he outlined nine strategic challenges Malaysia must overcome to achieve Vision 2020:
- Challenge 1: Establishing a united Malaysian nation made up of one Bangsa Malaysia (Malaysian Race).
- Challenge 2: Creating a psychologically liberated, secure and developed Malaysian society.
- Challenge 3: Fostering and developing a mature democratic society.
- Challenge 4: Establishing a fully moral and ethical society.
- Challenge 5: Establishing a matured liberal and tolerant society.
- Challenge 6: Establishing a scientific and progressive society.
- Challenge 7: Establishing a fully caring society.
- Challenge 8: Ensuring an economically just society, in which there is a fair and equitable distribution of the wealth of the nation.
- Challenge 9: Establishing a prosperous society with an economy that is fully competitive, dynamic, robust and resilient.
As alway just leave it to our Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak to cut through all the BS that Mahathir tried to lay on us. Leave it to Najib to say it like it is. This is what Najib says will happen by 20220!
There will be 29.9 million Malaysians. Of this close to 70% - 20.7 million will be Malays.
Forget the world class education, forget a self-sufficient industrialized nation, forget social well being and psychological balance! Hell forget about political stability! And damm those nine strategic challenges Malaysia had to overcome to achieve Vision 2020!
I repeat (not three times like Berahim Berok...just once is enough!) ...there will be 29.9 million Malays making up almost 70% of the people in Malaysia and with that all those UMNO delegates and their Ketua's would be going home after that speech by Najib secure in the knowledge that Tanah ini memang Melayu punya....Melayu 1 indeed!
What first struck me first was the arrogance of Najib announcing this to the world! He is thumbing his nose to the "others" in Malaysia who are not Malay or Bumiputera! He is in effect telling you all that he no longer cares if UMNO is branded a racist party or that he is a racist himself! No worries! He has brought down all out future aspirations and hopes to one level and one level only :
THE MALAY RACE RULES!
AND WHEN THE MALAY RACE RULES, UMNO TOO WILL RULE!
THIS IS THE 2020 WAWASAN THAT MATTERS!
I am still trying to get my head around this latest announcement of Najib. What does he mean to say? Is he warning the "others" who are not Bumiputera or Malay that by 2020 they no longer matter? Is he putting out a message to PAS and PKR that the time has come for all Malays to work together in preparation for 2020 when all that matters is what the Malays want? Is this his "coming out" party to tell all Malaysians that he is a racist and UMNO is a racist political party? Is this a call to Malays and Bumiputera to realign their political loyalties with UMNO? Or is Najib simply being a bloody fool unable to comprehend the effects of what he has said will happen by 2020? I am still working this out...if you have any idea what this idiot wants to do...let me know please!