How big is Wal-Mart ?
Make sure you read No.12
They're not the only company that does that .
This should boggle your mind !!
1. At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day ($20,928 spent every minute).
2. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.
3. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer and most can't speak English.
4. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.
5. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA (1,000 more than it had 5 years ago).
6. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur At a Wal-Mart store . ( Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion . )
7. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart.
8. The value of product for Wal-Mart passing through the port of San Diego each year is a larger sum than 93% of ALL countries Gross National Product (GNP) ......and that is only ONE port where it gets its stuff.
9. Of the 1.6 million employees, only 1.2% make a living above the poverty level .
10. 92% of everything Wal-Mart sells comes from China. Another 4% comes from Chinese owned companies in the U.S. or in 3rd world countries.
11. Wal-Mart and MOST large companies, take out life insurance on its employees, without their knowing. If an employee dies, ALL the insurance moneys go to the companies. (An employee making $18,000 per year dies, the company might make as much as $1 million. Most often these moneys coming from what is commonly referred to as "Dead Peasant Life Insurance Policies", is paid out to executives as bonuses.
12. Wal-Mart now averages a " profit " ( not sales ) of $36 billion per year .
If they closed all the Wal-Mart stores , would China go bankrupt ?