steadyaku47

Friday 6 February 2009

Powerful prose...

'The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides with the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon those with great vengeance and with furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know that my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.'

Ezekiel 25:17. "The Path of the Righteous Man Is Beset on All Sides by Theinequities of the Selfish and the Tyranny of Evil Men."

2 comments:

  1. There is some controversy whether Ezekial 25:17 actual said that much...I guess it depends on which version of the bible.
    The quote was mentioned in my all time fav movie Pulp Fiction...Samuel L. Jackson quote it twice in different scene. Cool...very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Reza...you got me the first time. That line caught in my head from the first time I heard Samuel L. Jackson said it in Pulp Fiction...and it went on and on in my head until I typed what I remembered of it onto to Google and that's how I learned about Ezekial 25:17..and to be honest that's all I know of it...but that prose is powerful indeed.

    ReplyDelete