steadyaku47

Monday 3 October 2011

cakap cakap...blogging lagi!

I have been called a lot of names. My wife calls me Hussein when she is annoyed with me…in fact now days she is the only one still calling me by that name albeit infrequently as it is not that often that we agree to disagree. Old age soothes many a heart…including ours. For the most part it is either Pak or Tok…and at times even “an UMNO blogger” …….sigh! 
 
Trust Me I'm A Blogger T Shirt Blog Tweet Writer Author



I have become aware that writing what you think gives license to people to tell YOU what THEY think, not about what you write, but about you. Yes about I, me and myself.


I do not moderate comments though I did do so in the past because I had not then developed that very thick skin needed by seasoned bloggers to take as good as they get from those waiting to hantam us for any perceived “wrong doings.”

The interpretation of “wrong doings” is unique to the person interpreting my postings. The “friend of my enemy is my enemy ” usually covers a broad spectrum of them. Invariably this means that there will always be some goons…hoons…or maybe the right word should really be “dissenting voice” to anything I write. And so I do cop a bashing anytime I stray from the ordinary. From memory I would say the most memorable rant was from this idiot who mistook “biduanita” for “banduan”…need I say more?

As we all know it is impossible to please everyone but the reality is that we bloggers have a culture of impunity that enables us to pass life and death sentences on any one who dares to put pen to paper (have to resort to the old way of describing the written words – putting finger to keyboard just does not sound wordy enough!)

Accustomed as I am to being call a stupid idiot and even (oh heaven forbids!) a stupid old man or grandpa I can still take it on the chin and go with the flow. Hence my decision to not “moderate” any comment stands.

It makes for interesting reading when I do get the rare rebuttal to what I write done by someone who has taken the trouble to rebut sensibly. In these cases I do not let the fact that we had agreed to disagree on fundamentals to come in the way of a good argument! In fact I have a healthy respect for those that could effectively point out my errors in judgement….which do happen given the fact that I am far from the maddening crowd.

And then there are those idiots that actually read what I write because they know that they will disagree with me! Dear God why do you still insist on making some people not to bright? Here I must say that I judge them as I judge myself. I DO NOT read Utusan. I DO NOT go into any overtly pro UMNO blogs – and I have no wish to read what Najib blogs. But that does not mean I do not peep into those blogs when I do get the urge…but to go and read what they post on a daily basis is just too weird for me because I know most of it is crap. BUT …and I am not shok sendiri here…but I have goons out there who time and time again make derogatory comments on what I post religiously. Have they not got anything better to do? Come on lah don’t waste your time reading that steadyaku47 blog  because that stupid old man will always hantam UMNO!

Just some cakap cakap about blogging …..and thanks for reading what I write.

1 comment: