steadyaku47

Sunday 9 October 2011

cakap cakap...Emak, Bapak dan Family.


Writing about Noramfaizul and seeing his mother with him when he arrived back home makes me think of days gone by. I miss my BapaK and Emak so very much…my eyes are moist from remembering them and my heart beats faster and my mind ebbs and flows with so much memories of the past. What would I give to be able to gather my wife and children into the car and drive to No 15 Persiaran  Titiwangsa to visit them now! And then to be asked to stay for lunch, tea and dinner. It tugs at my heart that I cannot do that anymore. They are long gone and even my grand children are so far away-over 13,000 kilometers away in Canada. And these realization makes me understand that you need to deal with what life throws at you and still come out ahead.


I sometimes wonder how is it that things are the way they are? My ancestors were Bugis. My wife is Greek. My son in law, Emmett is part Irish part Malay. They are settled in Canada and we in Australia. It cannot get more diverse then that. Bugis, Irish, Greek, Malay and now mix in Canada and Australia and yet we are all still one family. So really ethnicity does not come into it at all. You make your life the way you want it to be. And all will be well. Enjoy Sunday 

2 comments:

  1. Unity in diversity......you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Hussein, you have made me remember my loved ones who have passed on, my pak, mak, and 2 sisters. What I wouldn't give to have them with me right now! I miss them so much it hurts so bad. Why do we always lose the ones we love? I have so much to say, so much to recall and none to say them to.

    ReplyDelete