steadyaku47

Saturday 19 June 2010

Cakap cakap...domestic duties!

We cannot dwell too much on politics. For me I could no longer put off taking care of domestic issue around the house – literally because the grass around the house is tall enough for the cats to get lost in. It has been ages since I last cut the grass because the whipper sniper needed some minor repairs – the fuel pipe needed changing. I got one yesterday and at about 4 p.m. this afternoon put on my combat fatigues and headed for the garage where I did the necessary and managed to get the machine working after about ten minutes of tinkering with it.

 
As you can see the grass was in need of some management. I started at around 4 p.m. because being winter the light starts to fade at around 5 p.m. …And so after about forty minutes of ‘managing ‘ the grass I could, in all sincerity, march into the house and tell my wife “its getting dark outside…I will finish it tomorrow”. And so my work is done for today!
At 62 you can actually be patient enough to wait for tomorrow to do things that needs to be done. One of the things I wanted to do today was to write a piece on an idea I got last night about how to contain corruption within PDRM.
Why not give each Traffic Cop his own Traffic Light from which he can collect ‘toll’! That way those of us that uses the Traffic Light on a daily basis could possibly work out a flat rate paid monthly. Of course that Traffic Cop must be responsible for its maintenance! Think how much DBKL can save from this exercise.
I already thought of a solution for those Cops given Traffic Lights positioned in a quiet area - for every dollar that he collects, PDRM could subsidize his collections on a sliding scale – to be decided by an independent authority under the control of JPJ. I better stop now before I run out of material in case I do want to continue writing this piece tomorrow.
Well this is as good as it gets my friend staying in Adelaide. What we do for excitement here is to talk to our cats and see if they talk back. Sometimes they do. Sometimes they don’t. With the World Cup in South Africa there have been times when I do get to watch some good matches. Again, in order to put some excitement in the whole process, I do not check who is playing. When my wife allows it I go to the SBS Football channel and hopefully there are two good teams playing. Most time there is really nothing much that would make it worth my while to ‘persuade’ my wife to let me watch football in lieu of her giving up watching ”Lost” or “Desperate Housewives”. The other night I did get to see Germany lose to Serbia!  And so life goes on…. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been sentenced to Domestic Duties too! So here's to us!!!!

    I'm not done yet. Every once in a while, I just stop by my computer to see what's up and it helps break the monotony of the chores!

    Yikes, it's almost six and I've miles to go before I sleep.

    Hugs to you HH

    ReplyDelete