steadyaku47

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Be still my beating heart....


Be still my beating heart…
so that I can hear myself think!

Those two lines have been running around in my head the whole day. It haunts my thoughts with images of time pasts when I have had to make decisions that would make a difference to my very existence.

Asking my wife to marry me when I was 21.

Making the decision to live in Australia when all we had was just over Aud$100 between the two of us.

Standing in front of my dying mother after my flight from Perth because my father had earlier told me “You better come home”.

These were decisions I made and moments that I have experienced as my heart pounds and pounds at my chest…so loudly that I cannot hear myself think. I have been through this too many times then I would care to remember. It was with me last week when I arrived at Changi…my heart pounding away as I realize that blogging had got me to Changi....some thing I would not have thought possible when I started to blog almost three years back!

These are my thoughts now as I think of Anwar. Let us pray that he will be resolute in his determination to face whatever that will come his way. Let us pray that his courage will not desert him.My thoughts are with you brother.If your heart pounds too much against your chest as you stand to hear the verdict...then say "Be still my beating heart"         

3 comments:

  1. How strange that you can empathise with someone you dislike. All is not lost if you can feel a little of what he is probably feeling right now. Or do u in your heart of hearts think : serve u right

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir,

    Seburuk-buruk DSAI, dia jauh lebih mulia berbanding TDM, Jibby and Mydin.

    DSAI will always have my support.

    ReplyDelete