steadyaku47

Thursday 7 February 2013

cakap cakap...Nescafe vs Lipton.


My son says that Coffee is bad for me! Those days of my son listening to what I say is long gone! Today I listen to what HE says! 

So this morning I made myself a cup of tea – the Lipton kind – and goggled “Why Coffee is bad for you.’

Like sugar, caffeine is a stimulant of the neurotransmitter serotonin; this is a hormone in our brain that controls our sleep, mood and appetite. When our body depends too heavily on materials such as caffeine to control serotonin production and energy, this impacts on the body’s natural ability to regulate healthy serotonin production. This is the reason for the highs and lows you may experience after a coffee;

Wow! That sure is convincing but aisehman way too much information for me this early in the morning.

Then I googled ‘Why Coffee is good for you.’

Better than fruit juice?
Hundreds of compounds, including antioxidants, seem to be responsible for coffee's many protective benefits. In a recent Harvard University study, coffee drinkers had a lower risk of dying from cardiovascular causes than nondrinkers. Black coffee is probably even better for you than high-calorie beverages. A Norwegian study found that a typical serving of brewed coffee is richer in antioxidants than a serving of blueberries, raspberries, pineapples, or many fruit juices.
Brain bonus
Coffee might help your mind as much as your body. One study found that sleep-deprived rats were much calmer after simply inhaling roasted coffee beans.

So apa macham ma? 

All that I know is that after half a cup of that Lipton tea I am still yawning and having to wipe the sleepy tears from my eyes and starting to have a runny nose – a sure sign that I am tired and unable to focus on what I am doing…so unless my son intends to enforce his ‘coffee is not good for you’ thinking with deeds…I am getting myself a cup of Nescafe here and now!

I just did…and just blowing on the cup of Nescafe to cool it down enough for me to have my first sip has already cleared up my sinus, dried my tired and teary eyes, raised my heartbeat a notch to the ‘I am ready to rumble’ level. Ahhh the joys of caffeine addiction….

And for those of you who swears that the day cannot start without a plate of Nasi Lemak, Roti Canai, Char Kueh Teow or what have you....let us salute each other and start the day anyway we want to! TABEK TUAN!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! What an entertaining read! Cheers mate and have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cheerful...thank you for a nice read...continue writing - thank God for writers like you !!!

    ReplyDelete