steadyaku47

Saturday 12 November 2016

I Voted For Trump.

steadyaku47 comment : From a friend who lives in America who was sending this to friends including friends in Malaysia. I thought it was worth reading...so I am sharing it with you guys.


I've been keeping silent reading all the negative feeds about this election since I was added to the group. I'm not ashamed to let the world know that I voted for Trump because I do love America and wanted the change that was much needed in my country. It's sad that so many of my Assuntarian friends feel that voting for Trump is the worst thing one can do and a reflection of their true character.

While we have two undesirable choices, many are left to really weigh the pro and cons and who should lead America in the next 4 years. Both have flaws and both are just as divisive.

Having lived in the States for more than 26 years and witnessed first-hand the economic and social welfare impacts of different policies implemented by 4 Presidents elected from both parties, I want to make sure that my country continues to be the "land of the free and home of the brave." That means upholding our constitution and protecting our freedom of speech and due process, having a transparent government working for its people and not just catered to the elite few. There is more to it than just electing a President for the next 4 years. The newly elected POTUS' appointment of justices to two open positions in the Supreme Court now will impact our future generations indefinitely!

Having Clinton as president is like keeping Najib in power forever!

Some of you might like that but not me. As much as Trump has offended so many groups, myself included as a female minority climate and social-change activist, Hillary has lied on too many occasions, caused lives to be lost as seen from the Benghazi trial and unexplained suicides of associates closed to her. She has avoided FBI prosecutions from the secret dealings by her husband, Bill who continues to use his power behind the scenes, while others who have committed the same crime faced jail time. These double standards and what seems to be an "untouchable" elected official is what I fear more than just the many politically incorrect statements uttered by Trump. The media is also biased much to the dismay of the American people. What you hear through the news is what Hillary-bought media wants you to see. It was difficult for me to close one eye seeing Clinton failed the integrity optic test from the meeting with Loretta Lynch on the tarmac and her claims that she was more prepared in the debates with Trump, when in fact, she was given the questions ahead of time to prepare her answers. That was cheating. I would feel the same for Trump if he was caught doing the same thing. And if it was criminal, I would want to see his ass in jail too.

No one needs to agree with my reasons for voting Trump, but let's not paint all Trump supporters as idiots with no moral values. You are no different from Trump if you are hashing and hurling negative comments either. Although it's a free world and you're entitled to say what you want, name-calling and negative comments undeniably still hurts. We are not perfect. We are humans and we have feelings.

Now that the election is over, like many of you, I pray for my government to be BERSIH. I pray for a kinder society and for people to come together "one nation, under God indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

I apologize if I have offended anyone here but I can't keep quiet knowing what I know living day to day being an American and watching so many being misled by the media.
Let's not let negative sentiments further caused our financial markets to crash as it has a worldwide domino effect. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment