Shamsuddin Paints For Scrap...so he tells me! He is one of us....day in and day out he paints to try and make a living....as you all go to work, where ever it is that you work, whatever it is that you do......to also earn a living. He has, in his own words..."not been so wise in decision making" .......how many of us have been wise in that...but he tells me that he has "Been painting fulltime since 13".....and that is a lot of years ....but who cares when you are doing something you like!
I got to know Din (yes I am calling hin "Din") through Vincent The sky Watcher..another one of us who watches the Sky and share with us, through his pictures, the work of God....and both Din and Vincent are doing what they want to do. Me? Two things I really want to do...write songs and paint...no can do either one..so I write instead! Such is life.
Let me share with you my conversation with Din this afternoon...I started by telling DIn that, with his permission, I wanted to tell you guys about his work....his art work.....and for starters I changed...no, I should say I improved...my "steadyaku47" masthead with one of his painting ...hence the change. Hope you guys approve.
Please do check out his FB page Shamasuddin Abdul Rahman and do have a look at what he has there in terms of his work....and jangan lupa beli yang mana you suka so that ...in his words again... he "can concentrate on painting without having to worry bout marketing."....can any of you guys make that possible? Please....
- Great, lemme type a few intro words inShamsuddin Abdul Rahman 26 January 1966 Born in Perlis Grew up in one lane village, surrounded with Padi fieldsWalked the 4 km to and from school, in primary school, poverty sucks hahaIn 1985, got accepted at the California state university , long beachFew semesters later, dropped out, not so wise in decision makingStayed over for the next 10 yearsAttended , repeated the art 101 class, closest thing I ever got to formal art educationCame back in 85, no degree, predicting gloomy life, and prediction came through hahaWent to Kl, get acquainted with the artists at the central market97, 98, lived at the Angkatan Pelukih semalaysia , studio cum gallery, saw first hand artists at work2004, 05...stayed with the artist at the conlay art colony, at the kompleks kraftanganImpressed with maamor Jantan watercolorStarted painting fulltime after serious hospitalization due to diabetesFeatured once on tv1, featuring my watercolorBeen painting fulltime since 13
- Hussein Abdul Hamiddo you have catalogues of your work...or a portfolio so that people can know your range of work?
- Shamsuddin Abdul RahmanThat's bout itNo good at write upYou can check my fb page, I put everything there
- Hussein Abdul HamidOk that is enough for now...banyak kerja for me malam ni...
- Shamsuddin Abdul RahmanDone some large oil works tooHehe..thanks
- Hussein Abdul Hamidsalam...
- Shamsuddin Abdul RahmanCan concentrate on painting without having to worry bout marketingThanksSalam
- Hussein Abdul Hamid