steadyaku47

Saturday 8 July 2017

Fauzi Abdul Rahman


I was 8 years old when I followed some of my father's campaign schedule in 1955. That was the first General Election held in Malaya then, to establish the Federal Legislative Council.
In 1973, when UMNO held her first party Divisional election after the May 13th, 1969 incident, I won, at the age of 27, the post of Vice-Chairman of Kuantan Division. The Head of the Division was the then Menteri Besar of Pahang, Dato Haji A. Aziz Ahamad and his Deputy Head was the then Minister of Transport, Dato Ali Shariff and I, a 27 year old chicco was the number three.

In 1988, I decided to go for the number oe post, then held by ex-MB AND IN THE CONTEST I emerged winner beating the then ex-Menteri Besar and the then Member of Parliament who was also a Parliamentary Secretary of Ministry of Land.
It has been a good 45 years of sweat and tears and I am still around Kuantan living and kicking in the political arena, tho facing the final curtain.
What is the secret of this political longevity?
Here it is....


steadyaku47 comment : A giant among us all for the things he has done in the name of the rakyat! Tabek brother Fauzi.




No comments:

Post a Comment