steadyaku47

Sunday 29 July 2012

OLYMPIC'S: HOTTEST STAR


Is Leryn Franco London's hottest prospect?



Paraguayan javelin thrower Leryn Franco has conceded she is more likely to be named 'London's hottest Olympian' than actually win a medal at the Games.
Speaking to Y! Sport's Martin Rogers Franco was certainly frank about her chances

"My situation is different from most of the other javelin throwers," Franco said. "I am not just an athlete. I have to be honest, my career is really in the media.
Franco was Yahoo's second-most searched Olympian, trailing only Michael Phelps, at the 2008 Beijing Games and was voted the most attractive competitor by several men's magazines.
"If people open a magazine, they can see me there. Modelling and fashion is my job, too. It takes up much of my time and enables me to make money," she told Rogers. "It is flattering to me that people find me good-looking and enjoy seeing me wearing good fashion items."
 The South American stunner finished 51st in Beijing and is not expected to crack the top 20 in London.
"I am not expecting a medal," Franco said. "The competition is very strong and there are athletes who are stronger than me. But I treat it seriously and I want to do my personal best. For me the best reward is just to be here. Getting to the Olympics is like a medal for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment