steadyaku47

Friday 7 August 2015

cakap cakap...early Friday morning...very early Friday morning!

It's 5.49 Friday morning...I was at St Vincent until late last night keeping my wife company...came home and had dinner (the fried rice I cooked the night before - leftovers) and retired to my bedroom to do some writing for Berita Daily. I have been neglecting my work there and I must do what I said I will do to Kabilan...and so I write. I did not know at what time I fell asleep but it must have been late when I drifted off to sleep. 

I was awake at 4.30 this morning....it is hard to sleep when I am by myself...and reached for my MAC and meander through the NET to see what was happening out there in the real world. 

This morning I will be having coffee with an old friend from MCKK days, JET aka Nizar who is in Melbourne. We were to meet last night but I was spending time with my wife till late so it had to be this morning. I was touched when Jet insisted that we meet this early morning to at least wish each other Selamat Hari Raya....if he will take the trouble to do that I can only say "why not?". And so old friends will meet again after many many years of not seeing each other. This is what life is about....we meet, we go our separate ways and then when the stars align...we meet again. This time in my humble abode in Fitzroy. 

My wife is good. She has her bad moments but all things considered, she is getting better by the day. I am learning from the nurses how to care for her better. They tell me that I must get it right now because I have made the commitment to be there for her for the long haul...and get it right I must. It gladdens my heart to see strangers take care of my wife in such a warm and caring manner. There are good people out there who cares. 

My immediate concern is getting our place organized for her return home - which I hope will happen soon. Maybe early next week. Until then my son and me will be with her as often as we can at St Vincent.

For all those who have extended a helping hand to us...many many thanks. My wife and me thank you all with all our heart...with all our heart! Terima kasih.  

No comments:

Post a Comment