Strange things we do in the name of "It's Our Culture
1. We care more for the dead than we do for the living!
2. We spend more to bury a person than we do to save their life.
3. We will not travel to go and see a sick relative but will travel to bury him /her
4. People will rarely respect you while alive but will want to "pay their last respects" when you are in your casket.
5. A person may NEVER receive roses in their entire life but they will get lots dumped on their graveyard!
6. We will spend a night at a neighbour's funeral and it will be our first time to see the inside of their house!
7. No one gives a damn to know where you live until you die and they will all fill car after car to "escort" your corpse
8. We will take the dead to the church knowing fully well they had nothing to do with worship while they were alive.
9. We might not have granite tops in our kitchens but use the granite in the graveyard!
10. In some homes there might not have tiled floors but the only place with expensive tiles will be a graveyard!
It is proposed we have "Cultural Reforms" but we have a culture of "hypocrisy"... a culture that is "Pro-death" and NOT "Pro-life!" We need to value life BEFORE death.
This should get you thinking !
* with thanks to AG