steadyaku47

Thursday 1 October 2009

cakap cakap....myself.


Sometimes when you are all alone. No one around. Really really alone …do you do as I do? I try to sing! I am very careful to say “I try to sing”….. “try” is the operative word because that is all I can do – try to sing! It really is hard to carry a tune. Your voice breaks…you run off pitch..and you hear everything because there is no music to cover your faults. But you do not give up because sometimes you do get some parts of the songs right and that keeps you going. Until you tell yourself ‘cukup lah’…video kill the radio star.

Sometimes when I sit out in the back garden by myself in the freshness of Winter or early Spring I let my mind wander to KL …to Bangsar and to Basil in Bangsar Village - that Thai restaurant where I go for my Pineapple Fried Rice and Coconut drink. I like to have my meals by myself unless my wife has been persuaded to be with me. She is a vegetarian and eats only what she likes. When alone I like something to read and there are always magazines there you could peruse (this also means read but I thought I will impress you with my ‘command’ of English lah…impress tak?). The food is good and the price reasonable. Invariably after lunch a quick trip to the supermarket to get some groceries and then back to Bangsar Permai. My mind can take me there with ease and when I am done I am back in Adelaide in the click of an eye.

Life is like that. You can take yourself where ever you want to go. Nothing can stop you if your mind says go. I am in Adelaide and I write about things in KL – in Malaysia. And when I write I am there. The chatter of all races is around me. The traffic is overwhelming. The heat overpowering. But my mind is focus on the issue at hand. If I need to verify anything I turn to the Internet and 80% of the time I get what I am looking for. If I need further assistance I have friends I can email – and they not only tell me what I want or need to know…but they put in their two cents worth about what I should write, what I should read and what they think of what I have written. And of course, like this evening some of you have to tell me that the Sultan of Pahang “is to be conferred with an honorary doctorate by the UMP (University Malaysia Pahang)”…....and I have a quiet smile and start to think what I could do with that information. "Joke lagi!”

Then I have another one that tells me that I should ‘tag’ my articles. I learn something new everyday and today it is ‘tag’. I do not know how to do it but I am going to learn about it – and if I am unable to master it at least I know that Lis will tutor me on how to do so…and so life goes on.


5 comments:

  1. singing !? ok, 1st try :
    rasa sayang , chan mari chan.....
    then : michael row, U're my sunshine
    on top of old smokie .....
    then : north to alaska, little dutch girl , frauline, sukiyaki ....
    then...then : bridge over troubled h2o , he's my brother not heavy ....
    lagi then ...then, a chinese one :
    the moon represents my heart !
    ok ???? let me know pls ! (pakcin)

    ReplyDelete
  2. aisehman my singing better then u lah!..on top of old smokie...all covered with ghee....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Ha! Ha! .... no worries mate.

    It's a matter of time that we the younger ones will follow suite, that is we are fortunate enough to live through.

    I saw the similarity in my dad who's already 93 years old.

    I recall a story my dad told me very long time ago. He told that when he was young, he wonder as to why his mom and grandma wakes up at 4am to sweep the floor and clean dishes in the light of kerosene lamp. That was in early 1900's.

    Then, when my dad goes into his 60's, he started to understand as why his elders were doing so. They can no longer sleep though it's in the wee hours. Like them, my dad wakes up at 4am too but he watches TV or listens to the radio.

    My guess is I'll follow the same path but this time will surf the net.

    See, same pattern different gadget :-)

    May God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...without the net ah ? ...aiyooo ...
    alamak !

    ReplyDelete