steadyaku47

Friday 9 October 2009

Cakap cakap ....2MB in NS is 1MB 2 much...



You might not believe this but I do have some friends in UMNO. Not acquaintances but friends. Back in the days when I was still in Bangsar one of my pleasant interludes was having dinners at Mahboob. (For the price of a coffee at Starbucks we can have dinner for two at Mahboob…with drinks!). I will have my Briyani and he will have his Bifstik. Do not make the same mistake I made when my son in law, Emmett asked me to get him Bifstik from Mahboob. I thought it was Beef Steak! So here am I looking for the beef steak and the guy was breaking an egg into the saucepan…so it is bifstik. Not BEEF STEAK…anyway as usual I digress. So let us get back to our favourite topic – UMNO.

Ok …so this friend of mine (in UMNO) still keeps in touch with me via our PC. Last night in reply to my asking him if there was anything in the Mohd Hassan/ISA situation…there was deafening silence. That is his way of telling me that I will have to go and do my own legwork. That was about 8pm. By around 10pm what feedback I got from my other friends in Negri Sembilan indicated that there was a bit of a ‘chill’ between the two. As we know Mohd Hassan was a businessman first before he was co-opted into being MB. He has been there since March 2004. He is from Rembau and his business ties with the late Endon’s side of Pak Lah’s Family dates back way before he was MB. He is not comfortable with Isa’s return to local politics – local as Negri Sembilan but being the man that he is, Party does comes before self. And anyway if Politics does not work for him he has enough FU money to tell UMNO to go jump into the river.  Think he feels that his position as MB is secure but then politics in UMNO is at best tenuous – at worst the return of Isa signals business as usual in Negi Sembilan.         

* p.s. FU money is Fuck you money...which means if you have enough money and somebody tells you to do something you don't like..you tell him to FU.

3 comments:

  1. Pak HH and guys,

    Try click colroseli.blogspot.com (blog name: Askar Melayu) a more enlightening thread about Isa Vs Hassan under the heading " Pilihanray Kecil Bagan Pinang: Pertarungan Sengit Antara Isa Samad Dengan Mohamad Hassan”, posted 5 sept 2009.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear HH,
    Mat Hassan is from Rantau and not Rembau. Khairy represents the Parliamentary constituency of Rembau.

    ReplyDelete
  3. abdul ..this is what I got :"Datuk Seri Utama Haji Mohamad Haji Hassan is the current Menteri Besar of Negeri Sembilan. He was born in May 2 1956 in Rembau , Negeri Sembilan. He received his primary education at SK Datuk Akhir Zaman at Rantau and furthered his studies at SMK Rantau and SMK Tuanku Ampuan Durah at Seremban. He studied in University Malaya." ...so if that is wrong, then I am wrong....sorry.

    HH

    ReplyDelete