steadyaku47

Monday 4 November 2013

cakap cakap...On hitting sixty six!



My blogging Heaven
I hit sixty six last Thursday. The first thing I decided to do that morning was to reply to everyone of you that took the trouble to wish me best wishes for that day. If you can make the effort to send me your greetings the least I can do is to make an effort to acknowledge it. If I did miss anyone…maaf. I know what I want to do but sometimes at sixty six the heart, the brain and the physical act of doing does not coordinate as you would like them to do. That is why on top of writing every thought that I want to include in my writing so that I will not forget them I also have a day by day calender propped up on the right hand of my PC monitor where I write what I have to do in the days and weeks to come. And still I forget. Still I cannot ingat what I want or have to write! Ahhh old age…you do test my resolve to settle into accepting that you are here with me for good.
What are my hopes and the things that concern me now? World peace? Do something about climate change? Save the Orang Utan of Borneo? Well those things are somewhere at the back of my mind…but this morning I have to take the rubbish out first. Then I want to steam clean the balcony because Summer is almost upon us and we want to use the balcony once in a while to look out towards Melbourne city about five minutes away. I said that I will do that chore a few days back but common sense tells me that I need to wait for the time when the three planets and a star cluster converge in a close encounter that should begin in the very near future. And so I wait. 
All is quiet on the western front but there is excitement in Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup is tomorrow. When I was in London in the 60’s I could tell you where Lester Piggot would be riding and what horse he would be on. Who can forget Piggot and Nijinsky! Today I am not bothered to even put a wager on the possible winner of the Melbourne Cup because the effort of trying to understand how to do so puts me off. Today doing anything that tax my physical or mental self must be measured in direct proportions as to what it will do for me – yes very selfish of me I know but at sixty six I have granted myself that right.
Except this blog. It takes considerable effort on my part to keep this blog alive but an effort I accept with grace because it gladdens my heart to know that you read what I write. Sometimes you hantam me  - do not think that it does not do me some discomfort when you do so – it does, but only for a moment. Then I shrug it off and tell myself “To each his own!”….but (and this is where I get my own back at you) if you are stupid enough to read what you do not like, what kind of an idiot are you? And then I smile and get on with working on my blog.
Okay enough of this cakap cakap. Now I got to do some real work….take the frozen chicken out and plan lunch. My wife has to eat, my son has to eat and most important of all…I have to eat!         

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Encik HH !

    Love your rapier sharp wit
    and acid tongue (likely to dissolve bovine
    excrement from kleptocrats).

    Phua Kai Lit

    ReplyDelete
  2. tqs PKL...you read what I write I read what you write...between the two of us we should be able to keep the fire burning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mr Steady, many Happy returns of the Day on your turning 66, and May Al...(banned word in Negara Kita) continue to bless you with good health, and of course not forgetting you other half and your children and grand children! I have always enjoyed reading every one of your posts and can understand pretty well life in Ausland.Please do continue writing. Thank you and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Brader.
    Moga Allah panjangkan usia dan apa yang perlu di lanjutkan.
    Moga Allah murahkan rezeki.
    Keep on fighting the devil party (UMNO), name given by Dr M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon 9:33:00 in my blog you can use the "ALLAH" word because BN govt has no jurisdiction -tqs for the wishes.

    Pak Yeh tq u too....saja nak tanya ...siapa sah kan guna Pak sebelum Yeh?...saya dah 66 masih steady....masih tak guna Pak!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it when you cakap2 about life...it ease me off a little bit.....happy birthday bro.

    ReplyDelete