steadyaku47

Friday 24 January 2014

cakap cakap...Nurrul Izzah


There are a few things in life that I must accept – whether I like it or not. There are people out there who are better than me, smarter than me, richer than me, kinder than me, happier than me and, this is the hardest part of it all, more handsome than me! I do not spend each minute of the day thinking about these things but it does occur to me every now and then and when it does........I just sigh quietly to myself, grit my teeth and go on with my life and count my blessings rather than think of Mandela (better than me), Einstein (smarter than me), Bill Gates (richer than me), Mother Theresa (kinder than me), Paul McCartney (happier than me) and Brad Pitt (more handsome than me!). If I do think of them  I do not think too much of their fame. I respect them for being good human beings in spite of or despite they being who they are.

Their values and passion for life is reflected in the things that they do. Respect for others, compassion for those who are less fortunate than themselves and a reverence for life. They seem oblivious to the hype around them and how they are revered my millions for what they do and who they are…what matters to them is getting on with life and seeing how they can, in their own way, contribute towards life and leave their own footprint to make the world a better place for everyone else now and when they are gone. Now why can’t I be like them?

Of course I can never be like them because while we are made in the likeness of each other and while we are all alike in that we are all unique in our own ways, what should matter to us has to be living our own lives in our own way without intruding into the lives of others.

That is why I find it difficult to speculate about the state of Nurrul Izzah’s marriage despite confirmation from the Lower Syariah Court that she has filed for divorce.  While she has chosen to be a public figure by going into politics she has not ‘used’ her husband or her children to advantage her political career – nor them advantage themselves because of who she is. So in these difficult times let them sort out their personal issues with each other and let us hope that she will emerge a better and stronger person when there is closure over this matter. Nurrul take care of your family first  - politics can wait. 


No comments:

Post a Comment