steadyaku47

Tuesday 21 January 2014

Deciding what to do for the rest of my life...AMANDA.

Amanda is young girl and she only has months to live after being diagnosed with cancer. This are some of her thought on what life has thrown her way....just remember it as something that happened to a young woman in Canada in 2013, and it is a timeless reminder for us to remember to live the rest of our lives well. 


Shannon McKarney, a blogger and social media consultant, learned the heartbreaking story from Amanda's Twitter account. She was so affected by following the story – from the common diary of work and trying to find one's place, to the diagnosis and ultimate goodbye – that she compiled a collection of Amanda's tweets into a slideshow video. She explained why on her blog:
"I never met Amanda. I didn't even follow her until it was too late. Which teaches me: Pay more attention.
I debated whether to make this video, and debated more whether to post it. It's not my story to tell, and I don't know if Amanda would have wanted it told this way. But ultimately, I've chosen to publish it as a tribute to her, and a reminder to all of us: sometime, we will leave it behind."





No comments:

Post a Comment