steadyaku47

Tuesday 2 February 2016

cakap cakap..."Dato kat Golf Course & Datin pergi Spa".


For me a Dato, Datin, Datuk, Tan Sri, Puan Sri, Tengku, Tunku, YB's, Yang Mulia......even a Tun or Toh Puan has no significance at all given the circumstance of how I chose to live my life (abroad) and the society and peers that I have around me(mostly Australian who are of the opinion that calling their prime minister a "mate" is the highest compliment he can possibly give to the prime minister!) . You cannot even begin to comprehend how liberating that is for me. Today I deal with these "titled" people as I now deal with the kid toting up my grocery buys at the local supermarket....with as much respect as they would extend to me. If they gave me a smile and sent me on my way with a "Have a nice day"...I will smile and give a cherry "You too"...and we both go our own way the better for making each other feel good.

How obnoxious is it to have some wife refer to her husband as "dato said this" or "tan sri"  said that?

Is that how she addresses him over the nasi lemak they might be having for breakfast? And he in turn thank "datin or puan sri" for that delicious sambal which their Indonesian maid  cooked for the nasi lemak?

What about kids referring to their father or mother in the same vein? When you call the house to speak to their father they would say "Dato is not in. Dato kat Golf course!" Or that Datin is not in because she has gone to the Spa! They do the same thing in conversation with others at the Mamak stall or even while having Chendol and Rojak at the road side stall in Jalan Kelang Lama!

How does Marina Mahathir refer to her father? My "father"......or simply "he".     



And this is Nuha talking about her dad Anwar Ibrahim....to her he is "someone she loves"...or "my father" and Azizah is her "mum". 



But not this FLOM (Fat Lady of Malaysia!)....it is always "saya isteri perdana menteri"...
or "yang amat berhormat perdana menteri"....




God ...it sickens me to my guts!

No comments:

Post a Comment