steadyaku47

Sunday 4 September 2016

cakap cakap : The passing of someone I know well....



5.49 PM. Sunday 4th September.

I just, this very minute, heard about the passing of my cousin's wife. 

Nothing about her being unwell...just out of the blue a mutual friend from KL asked me if I have heard about her passing. Just like that... I am told of her passing! Immediately I called one of my cousin in KL and his daughter answered and told me that her father was driving and that he will call me back....but she confirmed the passing of my cousin's wife'.

My first thoughts is of her smiling face, her kindness to others and her gentleness in the things that she does....and always her smiling face. 

I just spoke to her husband yesterday...and today he is without his beloved wife. 

Dear God...how fast life changes! 

How helpless we are against what is destined to happen. If we are not strong enough to face the loss of our loved ones......how we will suffer and berate ourselves for the things we should have done for them, the things we have not done for them and the things we wanted to do for them and never had the time to do. ...but I know her husband has ALLAH by his side and he will deal with his loss with all the love he has for her. And I know, so will her children.

I live each day with my loved ones as if it will be my last day with them. I do not hesitate to hug, hold their hands or tell them I love them if I feel like doing so....and I do all this joyfully because I can still do it.  Every day I smile at them, I try to do good things and nice things to them and just enjoy my nearness to them. And I am grateful...so grateful that we are together and life, in spite of all the trials and tribulations....life is still good for us.

To my cousin....I am so so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you.



Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other
That we are still
Call me by my old familiar name
Speak to me in the easy way you always used
Put no difference into your tone
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed
At the little jokes we always enjoyed together
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me
Let my name be ever the household word that it always was
Let it be spoken without effort
Without the ghost of a shadow in it
Life means all that it ever meant
It is the same as it ever was
There is absolute unbroken continuity
What is death but a negligible accident?
Why should I be out of mind
Because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you for an interval
Somewhere very near
Just around the corner
All is well.
Nothing is past; nothing is lost
One brief moment and all will be as it was before 
How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting when we meet again!
Canon Henry Scott-Holland, 1847-1918, Canon of St Paul's Cathedral
 



No comments:

Post a Comment