steadyaku47

Sunday 26 June 2016

cakap cakap...."iftar"


Since the start of the fasting month I have been coming across this "iftar" word many a times...and for the life of me, I have never come across this word until this year...this fasting month. So today I Google "iftar" and here is what I got :

Iftar (or Fatoor) (Arabic: إفطار‎‎ ʾifṭār 'breakfast') is the evening meal when Muslims end their daily Ramadan fast at sunset. Muslims break their fast at the time of the call to prayer for the evening prayer.

Am I an idiot or just ignorant of this "iftar" word that is now being used instead of the "buka puasa" that I have been using all my life? 

Why use "iftar" now? It is an Arabic word is it not? Why not just stick to "buka puasa"....can some one please explain....no lah not a mufti....any one who knows why, will do lah!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment