steadyaku47

Monday 12 October 2009

cakap cakap...PAS


Ok Guys….and when I say Guys that includes the ladies too..I am going to write about something I know is going to put me in strife with some of you but I have put it off long enough. This is about PAS - Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party or the Islamic Party of Malaysia (Malay: Parti Islam Se-Malaysia), commonly known as PAS or Pas.

What do I know about PAS? Not much except that one of my closest buddy in KL is Zulkifli Sulong – ex Harakah Editor and now Editor of  SIASAH. A dependable and honest friend and someone I am proud to call a friend of many years. Did we talk Poilitics? Sometimes but most of the time we were just friends. With that out of the way let me get back to talking about PAS.

Why are so many people jumpy about having PAS in Pakatan Rakyat? Right from the start PAS was very clear about where they stood in terms of their ideals, their political philosophy and what they want. They want an Islamic State. Pure and simple! Now to me that indicated that PAS is not hiding behind any slogan, behind any hidden agenda nor are they trying to pull wool over our eyes. Does an Islamic state make anybody uncomfortable? Hell I do not want to talk about anybody…it make ME nervous. Which part of the Islamic state makes me nervous? I do not know for sure but it makes me nervous. But until I know for sure I will keep these worries to myself. This is my thinking. PAS is in Pakatan Rakyat. Yes there are people in PAS who are not team players in the Pakatan Rakyat Family. Does that make PAS suspect in their commitment to our cause? I think not. I say that we need to understand that PAS is trying to find their level of comfort within the Pakatan Rakyat Family. But they are Family. When some of them makes us uncomfortable with their rantings…let us just sit back and let them find their way back into our Family. It is hard enough for them to work with UMNO…and remember everybody in UMNo are Malays and are Muslim. You cannot say the same thing about Keadilan and DAP! And yet they are trying. All I can say to PAS is this…please try harder.    

4 comments:

  1. I am absolutely clear on this.

    There is nothing I fear about PAS nor even if they do what they want to do that is NOW WORSE than what BeeEnd and UMNO is doing to our country.

    If rock concerts are banned and beer sales is restricted, so be it. I will live with that just so we can kick BeeEnd out for ONE TIME!

    if 5 years later PAS and Pakatan is too much, we hope then BeeEnd is under new leadership and have learnt. We see how PAS does.



    BUT WHATEVER it is, the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY, the NUMERO UNO objective is this -

    1) KICK BEE-END out!!


    NOTHING ELSE matters, NOTHING!

    Selcat lah, beer sales, rock concerts, MB this MB that, NOTHING else should matter but to kick Najis and BeeEnd out by next election.






    Too bad I am probably minority chinese who think like above.






    sunwayopal
    http://www.myrealestate.com.my

    ReplyDelete
  2. In every political party, there'll be a handful of 'trouble-makers' to the rakyat. It's just that UMNO has much much more. The ones in PAS are only a couple. Just put them in cold storage first and see what happens. If they chose to remain defiant, kick them out!!!

    Anyway, I have utmost respect for Tok Aziz and what he's doing in Kelantan despite all the machinery being controlled by federal. It's most unfortunate that the downliners have extremist in their fold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more, much more clear on this. There's nothing I fear or like about PAS, PKR and DAP other than that they are all one single Pakatan Rakyat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as I know, PAS is Partai Islam Semenanjung but I think the majority of PAS members still sees themselves as melayu first and Islam last. And these members looks up to leaders such as Hassan Ali and Zul Nordin. I think this is the biggest problem with PAS. Islam is about Justice and fairness and tolerance and has nothing whatsoever to do with melayu! So to all PAS member, pls get your faith straight! You're muslim first and melayu last! Justice, fairness and tolerance is utmost important NOT KETUANAN MELAYU! AND JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN IN ISLAM, THAT DOESN'T GUARANTEE YOU WILL DIE AS A MUSLIM! FAITH ( HIDAYAH)IS ALLAH'S PREROGATIVE AND HE CHOOSES WHOMEVER HE PLEASES! DON'T BE 'HOLIER THAN THOU' COS HIDAYAH IS HIS TO GIVE AND TO TAKE BACK!!

    ReplyDelete