steadyaku47

Tuesday 13 October 2009

Cakap cakap...think!

What a profound short little paragraph that says it all 

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for,that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931
 

6 comments:

  1. I saw wisdom in his word and calmed down in deep thought that the end of this nation is not in any way due to the collapse of this government but due the failure of the people to resist this government from prolonging its reign of power. It is the people who fail to keep the power in a proper balance that will bring down a nation. It is always that the people must strive for a powerful nation not a powerful government for a powerful government can always lead even a weak nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seconded that.

    You sure it's your statement. If it is, you better get elected to Putrajaya or write "best-seller" book.

    It will sure be a famous quote.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nx4get thank you for the complement, I am flabbergasted.

    It's my word, solely mine, or take me to court. But I am nobody, it is just that at time I feel like someone else is writing from deep inside me.

    I never take praises, this time I have to answer because you sure know how to break the ice.

    Don't do it again please, just ignore me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. FMZ

    I'm sorry if I've gone overboard.

    We may have not sit together for a teh-tarik but I'm fascinated and have high regards to your various comments in blogs that we cross path.

    Once again, my humble apology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do you think,,English is being demised from Malaysia,
    All such learned quotes, are from the West and not in Malaysia,
    Why should Malaysians be enriched with knowledge,,when come tommorrow, they will be a pain to the ruling bigots, of Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. inglis should be demised becos eg. the officers of education are always NOT certain whether it is : 'shakespear' atau 'spearshake'!
    'eve-ning' atau 'even-ning',
    'wedns-day' atau 'wendes-day',
    'conscience' or 'konsains',
    'mor-ning' or 'more-ling' .....& etc.
    aiyah, ...kelapa pusing laa !

    ReplyDelete