steadyaku47

Wednesday 14 October 2009

cakap cakap...the Police in Adelaide.




Let me share with you what it is like to have Police Force that is 99.9% incorruptible. I am talking about the Police in Australia. In Adelaide to be exact. I had a 1987 BMW 3 Series E30  - an old car but one I loved and was in the process of ‘doing it up’ – something I love doing to old cars. I paid  $1000 AUD for the car and spent another $1000 AUD doing it up and then renewed its registration. Recently I was stopped by a Police Patrol car while driving the BMW. They had done a computer check on the BMW and their computer said that the car did not have registration. It was my mistake. I had two 3 series BMW E30 and I renewed the registration of the other one and pasted the registration sticker on the one I was driving. The Police were right and I explained what had happened.

To cut a long story short by the end of that Police check I was slap with a defective notice on my car because there was an oil leak and the radiator coolant was also leaking. I was also given a summon for driving a car without registration and insurance. I repaired those faults at a cost of $300AUD and took it to be inspected over the ‘pits’ – which meant a 100% check by the Ministry of Transport. The BMW did not pass the test and came out with another 12 faults. In the end it was just not economical for me to repair the car. I had to sell the car as a defective car –which meant that the car could only be sold for parts. I only managed to sell it for  $300 AUD. In all I lost about $2000AUD on the car that I loved very much not to mention the $300 fine for driving a car without registration and insurance.

 At no time during the Police stopping me and the inspection by the Ministry of Transport did I even think of giving some money to ‘selesai’ the matter. It is simply not done. In Malaysia I could have resolved the matter at the time that the Patrol Car stopped with a $50 bribe – if I chose to do so.

But I still chose to live here in Adelaide because I know that when I need help the Police will be there for me. If there are drug dealers in the State – the Police will be there to arrest them. The Police will be there to go after thieves, thugs and murderers and as long as you are a law abiding citizens you know that the Police are there for you. You are safe.

So I would rather lose my beloved BMW E30 and my $2000 AUD then have a Police Force that is corrupt because when you are in need of a good, clean and incorruptible Policeman all you have to do is stop any Policeman that you see and you know that you have one. The same can be said of Singapore. But certainly not Malaysia. So my friends yes it will cost less to ‘selesai’ a matter with the mata mata but the cost to our country in the long run will be a Police Force that is corrupt and unable to take care of its people as it should. This is the Police Force that we now have in Malaysia…and we the people suffer greatly because of this. Our people die in their custody, our people are not protected against people who rob and threatens us at will and our Politicians use the Police as their personal force to do what they will to promote their personal agenda. So you must take a personal stand to not bribe the Police. You must do so for the cost of not doing so will be too much for our children to bear when their time comes to go and live in this ugly Malaysia that we now have. If we do not make a stand for them – then who will?      




4 comments:

  1. HH, lucky la u staying in ada...adala...apani? O adelaida ..de! aiyah, y so susah ONE ?
    pls read from dato MM : a couple got robbed & molested some more in Kota Damansara, jiran phoned 1st polis who said cari lain balai ; went to 2nd balai , the polis tontoning wrestling took more than satu jam & the hubby 's kelapa bleeding lagi ...then contacted an inspector who said after his cuti in a few days' time ...... ...aiyoooo...so fedup & complained to malay mail who contacted CPO who 'promised' .....!
    SIGH .....can i go stay in adalaida with u ah, PLS ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya lor! why the aussie cops are so incorruptible? yrs back we kana issued speeding ticket in mebourne for doing 62km/h at a 60 km/h zone! complete absurdity! they are more like robocops. cannot chumxiong (negotiate) one! but then hor, u do feel very safe with them around. small price to pay lah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think of it this way and you will not be upset; you rather be driving an unsafe car and endangering yourself and your love ones or just lost a couple of hundred dollars ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear HH,
    Your father was formerly the CPO of Pahang if I am not mistaken, as that was what you wrote earlier.
    The Police in recent times had become the target of negative comments due to the irresponsible acts of their senior officers as well as the rank and file. In my view this misconduct is not being dealt with properly. The most important recommendation made by the Commission on the Improvement of the Police Force fell flat on the lap of the former PM. Furthermore most people in Malaysia are the culprits who bribed not only the Police but even the lowly office boy in order to get things done.
    The vicious circle of the giver and the taker can only be broken if every Malaysian walk the talk. The problem is that it is only money that talk in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete