Today in his blog Che Det, Mahathir writes:
1. Kit Siang is going to contest in Gelang Patah.
2. Why Gelang Patah?
3. Obviously it is because Gelang Patah has a Chinese
4. Obviously Kit Siang is going to play on Chinese
For once this Old Man has come up with an astute observation. After all figuring out why a Chinese will want to stand for election in a Chinese area is not exactly rocket science…betul tak?
If UMNO has not played on Malay sentiments in the last half a century the following would never have happened:
· Mahthir's children would not have got insanely wealthy.
· Mahathir and all those in UMNO would not have been able to use cronyism, nepotism and money politics to enrich UMNO Malays and their cronies on the excuse of advancing Ketuanan Melayu by playing on Malay sentiments! Nak bikin Melayu kaya konon! Huh….yang kaya anak sendiri!
· UMNO would not have been able to plunder and pillage Malaysia since Merdeka at will!
And would not our nation have been the better for it?
And now Mahathir talks about Lim Kit Siang using Chinese sentiments in order that Pakatan Rakyat can take Gelang Patah? I say this to Lim Kit Siang…..Sir you have our permission to use any sentiments you need to win in Gelang Patah! We will understand if all the Chinese in Gelang Patah vote for DAP! We will understand if Malay and Indian sentiments say enough of UMNO!
Mahathir also wrote:
5. Johore has been an Alliance/Barisan Nasional stronghold ever since independence. The three races there have been supporting each other in elections. They do not have strong racist feelings.
If Barisan Nasiional have done its work well in Gelang Patah, as Alfred Neuman said, “WHAT’S ME WORRY?” Or are you worried because BN have not done it’s work in Johor or in any part of Malaysia? Aisehman Old Man if you worry about an old DAP Chinese politician being able to sailang UMNO in one of it’s bastion/stronghold…what does it say about Barisan Nasional? Huh!
The truth is this – in every nook and corner that UMNO and BN claims to have as their stronghold or fixed deposit – you know that all it would take to shatter that hold is just a tap with a hammer and UMNO and BN hold over that area will shatter into a thousand pieces…and Pakatan Rakyat is that hammer!
And what kind of hammer is Pakatan Rakyat? A sledge hammer!
And Mahathir says that Malaysia belongs to all Malaysian? Sir are you not Advisor to Perkasa? And what is Perkasa?
Pertubuhan Pribumi Perkasa Malaysia or Perkasa is a non-governmental Malay Supremacy organization. This conservative, extreme-right ethnic Malays organisation is led by its president Ibrahim Ali, with Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad, the former Prime Minister of Malaysia, as advisor.
Perkasa has recently become infamous for its racial and religious provocations against non-Malays, especially Chinese and Indians; and non-Muslims, especially Christians through vocal, physical and violent means.It has been branded a fascist organisation
I rest my case!
Mahathir then invokes the name of TUNKU. My TUNKU, Your TUNKU but certainly not Mahathir’s TUNKU!
8. The PAP intended to get the Chinese not to co-operate with the Malays, to end the Sino-Malay “ kongsi” of the Tunku in the Alliance Party.
Time and time again this Mahathir have use TUNKU’s name to suit his own sordid political purposes. Recently he said this of the TUNKU:
“One should also look back and remember that Tunku Abdul Rahman was worse than me, he gave one million citizenships to people who are not qualified and not even tested?”
Now you are telling us that Lim Kit Siang wants to end the Sino-Malay kongsi that TUNKU forged?
You, Mahthir Mohamad, of all people have been responsible for the break up…nay the shattering into a thousand pieces of this Sino-Malay kongsi that you talk about. Shattered by your acts, deeds and policies during your time in office as Prime Minister and even by what you do now – and we despair if that kongsi can ever be forged again!
So do not use the TUNKU’s name in vain. Leave the TUNKU in peace. The Man has been dead for nearly a quarter of a century and you sully his name every time you mention him. Cukup lah Mahathhir…
De mortuis nihil nisi bonum (“Of the dead, nothing unless good.”)
Leave TUNKU in peace and pray that others will do the same to you when you go!