steadyaku47

Monday 7 August 2017

SULTANS : Cakap bukan saja tak serupa bikin, tak pernah bikin langsong.



PUTRAJAYA: Rulers can help strengthen a country’s democratic system by carrying out their roles to protect the interest and welfare of the citizens, said the Sultan of Perak.
But Sultan Nazrin Muizzuddin Shah cautioned against the abuse of discretionary powers to the extent that it conflicts with the spirit of the Constitution and the law.

“Rulers are part of a national institution which can play a positive role to strengthen the system of democracy.
“This is done by way of carrying out their responsibilities to act as check and balance on the legislative, executive and judicial branches in order to protect the interest and welfare of the people,” the state Ruler said in his speech at a convention titled “Memperkukuh Pasak Negara: Ke Arah Wasiat Lebih Tersurat” here yesterday.

steadyaku47 comment : 

Daulat Tuanku? I think not! 

Tell me one instance in living memory...one time since Merdeka...and if you want to split hairs....okay lah...one time before Merdeka...when a Sultan stood up "to act as check and balance on the legislative, executive and judicial branches in order to protect the interest and welfare of the people” .

I maybe 70 years old but I am not senile...not yet anyway. I can think, I can recall and I have a memory bank that still allows me access on a need basis...but tried as I might, I cannot recall one damm Sultan who has done just that.

I can recall many Sultans who have stood up against the Federal Government because they wanted a more pliant Menteri Besar  in their state...someone who will give them "business opportunities" within their state to enable them to make some pocket money.

I can recall a Sultan who was brave enough (some smart aleck will insist that the Sultan was stupid not brave....the jury is still out on that!)...as I was saying...I can recall a Sultan who was brave enough to drive a luxury car out of the Custom bonded warehouse in order to escape paying tax on the car! 

Some have banish their own rakyat out of their state for reasons best known to them. 

There are Sultans who have slap their rakyat, given beatings to their rakyat ....and committed murder most foul on their rakyat too.....all this I have heard.

But no Sultan...not a brass farthing of a Sultan...not one Sultan have stand up to protect the interest and welfare of their people. 

So I have one question for the Sultan of Perak.

Sir, when do you intend to start doing this? 

When will you start standing up to the corruption being perpetrated by this insidious Umno led BN government headed by Najib Razak? 

Would you be prepared to pledge that you and your fellow brother Sultans will never allow any duly elected state government to suffer the same fate as the Perak state government? The Perak state government where the opposition had been elected into office but through political intrigues, financial inducements and threats of incarceration and what have you, the Umno led BN, helped by the then Sultan of Perak, managed to gain control of the State assembly?

There are many more of these instances where the interest and welfare of the people have been compromised by the actions of state and the federal government  ......but never have I seen a Sultan stand  up to protect the people. Hell I have never even seen a Sultan raise his  hand to protest ...what more stand up!

Maaf Tuanku...but what you said at that convention on “Memperkukuh Pasak Negara: Ke Ahah Wasiat Lebih Tersurat”  yesterday is just another instance of Cakap bukan saja tak serupa bikin, tak pernah bikin langsong.

Daulat Tuanku? I think not!




No comments:

Post a Comment