steadyaku47

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Low Weiyan

This morning I came across Low Weiyan. I do not know him and yet as I listened to what he had to say I knew that this was one of those times when you use the social media to tell others what you feel deep inside you. No you do not need courage to do this. You do not need to be a member of any political organization. You do not even have to be of any ethnic or religious persuasion. You just need to feel that enough is enough! You have been quiet long enough! You have seen people around you afraid to say anything simply because they think that the powers that be will stop anyone from saying what is in their hearts!

And what is in our hearts? We want free and fair elections. We want no corruption by those in high public office. We want no corruption by those sworn to protect the very people they steal money from - and yes we are talking about Barisan Nasional Politicians and PDRM and all those corrupt officials that feeds off the Rakyat! We want no deaths in custody! We want a transparent and responsible government.

What moved me was that Wei is young. Where are our young Malaysians who we need to join the front ranks of BERSIH 2.0? Where are the young Malaysians that we need to lead our country back to decency. Back to a Malaysia for all? It is time these young Malaysian take their place shoulder to shoulder with BERSIH 2.0 and with all those that dare to challenge a Barisan Nasional government that has for too long treated its own people with contempt! Enough is enough.

What moved me is that this Low Weiyan is not an anonymous blogger hidden somewhere on the world wide web. He tells you who he is...he talks direct to Najib and to us and what he says is simply this :

The Police does not scare him. Nobody does (and why should they???) ...all he says is simply this...stop talking about wanting change. Go join the BERSIH 2.0 Rally because it will signal to the Barisan Nasional that the people want change!" Do you understand that people? Go out and join the BERSIH 2.0 Rally if you want to tell the Basrisan Nasional government that you want change! Here is Low Weiyan's message to us. Listen well!

Hi, my name is Low Weiyan,
that is my real name for I have nothing to hide.
Upon reading articles from different media sources as of late I am appalled at the current state of things surrounding the upcoming Bersih rally.

This message goes out especially to members of the youth from all over Malaysia, the future leaders of this country. A people who have I have seen often quizzing their navigation of Malaysian society that seems ever so fragmented. I hope that you get the message I have set out to spread and share it with others.

I honestly thought I could do a better job. I realized there was alot more i could have talked about or at the very least articulated myself better. However this wasn't scripted and was a spur of the moment sort of thing.

I hope viewers will forgive my many spoken mistakes in this video and take the message to heart.

I hope to see many of you on the 9th.

Hidup Rakyat.



Low Weiyan you are One
With me we are Two
Who else will join us for BERSIH 2.0?
MERDEKA

7 comments:

  1. The main obstacle holding back people's participation had been and will continue to be the risks of being in the midst of a confrontation with the high-handed police, scenes of which we have seen enough of.

    Even before the start of the rally, the bias of the Home Ministry was clear: no permit for Bersih, but permit for 'Kotor'(as in Ibrahim Ali) the trouble-maker.

    So for anyone who is seriously going to take part, he must be really committed himself and be prepared for the consequences which could be one of the fol.: being injured by tear gas and in scuffles with police, being arrested, and so on. Like Weiyan said, he is not afraid, but maybe his parents. In fact, anything could happen, sometimes the effects are created by the authorities out to frighten people, like being tortured while in custody.

    History has shown us that we need to fight for real changes in politics and in the process there are likely casualties. Our ruling coalition has been successful in creating fear among us. Whether the time has come for a huge turnout that is going to send the right message, we shall see come this July 9.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without the effective and proven threat of severe punishments, 2-bit thugs will infect government and tyrannise people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the video earlier and I too was moved by Low Weiyan's being upfront about it.

    I am ashamed that I can't be as open as Low Weiyan simply because I work with a GLC and the risk of being exposed as "against the Government" is high (Malaysia Boleh!).

    However Pak Hussin, don't worry, there are many many more friends out there like me and what matters is come election, we'll know what we have to do.

    With you we are two and with the millions of voters out there we shall change the government!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo. Hats Off to Weiyan

    ReplyDelete
  5. A thousand mile journey begins with the first step....thanks Pak for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With Weiyan,Steady, and me we are three. kind regards

    ReplyDelete