steadyaku47

Wednesday 1 June 2011

cakap cakap...cukup lah tu Zaid!

I thought that this Zaid Ibrahim is history already but it seems that he has not yet finished telling his story. This is what I know of him.


I first took notice of Zaid when Pak Lah made him a Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department in charge of legal affairs and judicial reform. I was having lunch with a Party PAS friend and he told me that this Zaid drinks like a fish! I looked up from the plate that I was eating and shifted my gaze to his face – now totally interested in what he had just told me. I asked him to tell me more. He said there was nothing more to tell…Zaid drank in his house, out of the public eye …but nevertheless he drank hard liquor! Lots of it! Then why, I asked him, did Pak Lah took him into the cabinet? He shrugged his shoulders and continued with his lunch.

But Pak Lah’s appointment of Zaid caught the public imagination. It was a brave thing to do and went against the grain of UMNO’s way of doing things. We waited to see what this “new blood” could do with judicial reforms. But what did he actually do? A lot of fire and brimstone stuff but in the end whatever he did was just cosmetic. He did nothing really and he was sacked after he attended a PKR rally while still an UMNO member. A good thing for PKR but not for UMNO. Bottom line: He should have resigned from UMNO before he went to that PKR rally. But then Zaid was never too concern about doing things the proper way nor was he bothered about the man who went out on a limb to take him into the cabinet - Pak Lah!


Then he does his “I am not joining any political party” statement…..well not yet actually!


In June 2009 he joined PKR. I can sum up his time in PKR thus. He was taken into PKR’s first tier leadership group. At that level we expect you to iron out any differences you might have with the other first tier leaders behind close doors simply because Party unity and solidarity is paramount –and if PKR leaders cannot display that solidarity – then who can? But true to himself, if not to PKR, Zaid agreed to disagree with PKR’s first tier leaders and this time he was not sacked as in UMNO. He jumped before he was pushed. I guess the fact that he had FU (Fuck you) money made is easier for him to have his way rather then to work with his peers!


Then the recriminations. He said this. He said that. I did not do this. I did not do that! Suffice to say that when he left PKR his gentlemanly conduct was not on display.

Then AKIM. A tiny Kelantan based opposition party with about 300 members. During the 2010 AGM Zaid was of course elected President and for whatever reason he changed the name of the party to KITA. I wonder if he would still be there if he was not elected President! So now he is at least President of a political party in Malaysia. 

Now where does Zaid goes form here? Well for starters he has not yet finished with DSAI. He is not going after UMNO because I figure that he still wants to leave his options open there. But DSAI is his favourite target to go for. Just prep him up a bit and he will go into the Hulu Selangor by elections in April 2010 – over a year ago. Again here it is DSAI said this but I said this thing. DSAI wisely just let it flow and let Zaid talk himself out. Then his favourite topic – the PKR party elections. He resigned as a matter of principles – not because he did not get the VP post! Zaid go tell that to the Marines!

Zaid as far as I am concern you have had your fifteen minutes of fame. UMNO took you in as a Minister and you finally got the sack. Then PKR took you in straight into level one and in the end you bit the hand that fed you – DSAI’s hands and not only that – you spit in PKR’s face too.

I doubt if there is anybody in KITA that can give you any problem. You are President and I think you will have enough money to keep yourself as President. The thing you have to ask yourself is this. I think even the Head Prefect at MCKK has more students under him then you have members in KITA. So what does that make you? Possibly a prefect in charge of the sick bay! Why don’t you just go curl up in a corner and leave the people that have taken you in when nobody else wanted you alone? For now let us see what sort of a deal he will do with UMNO come the 13th general election. Huh!   

No comments:

Post a Comment