steadyaku47

Wednesday 25 June 2014

cakap cakap...World Cup and blogging...no contest!



It has been a week or so since I last visited my keyboard with any intention of putting what is on my mind on to my blog. Most times it was sheer laziness on my part and when I think I am lazy my mind goes into lock down.  You need to think to write. It is easier to be lazy than to think and so I am lazy.

It’s Winter when the temperature is between 10 degrees C to 16 degrees C …..and when the weather girls tells you that there will be cold and gusty wind in the morning and that the afternoon will be wet, windy with hale….it really is easy to be lazy. You stretch out on the three seater sofa with a warm blanket and a cup of hot green tea and watch the world cup. There are live telecasts, reruns and the endless debate and discussions by so many experts on what went wrong and what went right…and when all that is done, they show those classic world cup matches from years gone by. 

You get to see Zidane head butting 



Beckham being sent off after kicking a player.


And of course Maradonna and that "Hands of God" goal:


Not too much mention of Pele anymore. Like me he is of a generation long past our prime.

This is how I will be spending my time for the coming week too. Being lazy and watching football warm and snug under my blanket into the early hours of the morning....to be exact here in Melbourne, the live coverage starts at 1.30 A.M and goes on until 8.30 A.M....and to the best of my ability I will try to stay awake enough to at least see the goals being scored. 

Such is life!


No comments:

Post a Comment