steadyaku47

Thursday 26 December 2013

cakap cakap...Shia & Sunni



Its 2.21 a.m Thursday morning.....very early Thursday morning. One of those nights when I cannot fall asleep. I have just finished skyping with my daughter and her family in Canada...the time difference means that they have just awaken on Xmas morning and we are way past midnight here in Melbourne.

The Shia and Sunni divide in Malaysia worries me. All Muslims agree that Allah is the only God and Muhammad his messenger. All muslims follow the five pillars of Islam and share one holy book - the Koran....and yet so much is being made of the difference between these two sects of Islam. I am not even sure if I have spelt Shia and Sunni correctly .....what more know the differences between the two...but I know this! There is no better way to get the Malays to fight amongst themselves than to accentuate the differences between the Shia and the Sunnis! I hope common sense will prevail and every muslim - shia or sunni - go about their own way and do what they think is best for themselves without intruding into the space of the other.

To not do this would simply put our nation onto the path of many in the middle east where people kill each other because of their religious beliefs...NOT BECAUSE THERE ARE CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS....but because the are Sunni and Shias...all Muslims, all believing that Allah is the only God and Muhammad is his messenger..and all of them believing in the Koran!

No comments:

Post a Comment