Jakim: Valentine’s Day will lead us astray
PETALING JAYA: Celebrating Valentine’s Day would lead Muslims to a life of vice, reads the Friday sermon for today.
In the text prepared by the Department of Islamic Development of Malaysia (Jakim), the Islamic authority said that celebrating Valentine’s Day would lead to the undoing of Muslims, especially the young.
“It will begin with lies, mental instability due to alcohol consumption and being pregnant out of wedlock,” reads the sermon.
It also said that many young Muslims today lacked faith in Islam, causing them to be easily led astray by practises and culture which do not comply with religion.
“We should not be following practises of Jahiliyah (pre-Islamic times). Doing good alone is not enough if we do not keep our faith in Islam strong,” reads the sermon.
Therefore, the sermon urged unmarried Muslims remain chaste at all times and stay away from celebrating occasions which would lead them away from Islam.
If Jakim is worried about young Muslims being pregnant out of wedlock why not start with old Muslism who have made women pregnant out of wedlock? Start with Shahidan Kassim and the Sultan of Pahang. Both of them have impregnated women and not marry them!
Alcohol consumption by young Muslim? Huh! How many past and present Muslim cabinet Minister drink? How many Sultans past and present drink themselves under the table and fornicate while drunk? Start with that Amir Son of Idris of Selangor! - he is young and he is a Muslim!
Jakim talk about mental instability due to alcohol consumption...woi Jakim you are the one that is mentally unstable! Go start with eradicating all the dangdut bars in KL, go stop the Muslims VVIP's and VIP's drinking publicly and before you say that alcohol cause mental instability - please ensure that there actually is a medical link between alcohol and mental instability!
As for young Muslims being undone and led astray by celebrating Valentine's Day and practicing culture which do not comply with Islam why not take a look at what this Islamic UMNO party and its leaders have been doing during their 50 years in government. Here is a list for your reference! Not a complete list but it will do for now.
1. PKFZ RM12 billion
2. Submarine Commission RM500 million
3. Sime Darby RM964 million
4. Paya Indah Westland RM88 million
5. Pos Malaysia (Transmile) RM230 million lost
6. Eurocopter deal RM1 billion wasted
7. Terengganu Stadium collapse RM292 million
8. MRR2 repair cost RM70 million
9. Maybank overpaid BII RM4 billion
10. Tourism - NYY kickback RM10 million
11. 3 paintings bought by MAS RM1.5 million
12. Overpayment by Sport Ministry RM8.4 million
13. London’s white elephant sports complex RM70 million
14. MATRADE repairs RM120 million
15. Cost of new plane used by PM RM200 million
16. InventQ irrecoverable debt RM228 million
17. Compensation for killing crooked bridge RM257 million
18. Loss in selling Augusta RM 510 million
19. Worth of APs given out in a year RM1.8 billion
20. Submarines (future Muzium Negara artifacts) RM4.1 billion
21. PSC Naval dockyard RM6.75 billion
22. The Bank Bumiputra twin scandals in the early 1980s saw US$1 billion losses (RM3.2 billion in 2008)
23. The Maminco attempt to corner the World Tin Market in the 1980s is believed to have cost some US$500 million (RM1.6 billion)
24. Betting in foreign exchange futures cost Bank Negara Malaysia RM30 billion in the 1990s
25. Perwaja Steel’s US$800 million (RM2.56 billion) losses
26. Use of RM10 billion public funds in the Valuecap Sdn Bhd operation to shore up the stock market
27. Banking scandal of RM700 million losses in Bank Islam
28. The sale of M.V. Agusta by Proton for one Euro making a loss of €75.99 million (RM348 million) Same as No.20?
29. Wang Ehsan from oil royalty on Terengganu RM7.4 billion from 2004 – 2007
30. For the past 10 years since Philharmonic Orchestra was established, this orchestra has swallowed a total of RM500 million. Hiring a Kwai-Lo CEO with a salary of more than RM1 million per annum!
31. In Advisors Fees, Mahathir was paid RM180,000, Shahrizat Abdul RM404,726 and Abdul Hamid Othman (religious) RM549,675 per annum
32. The government has spent a total of RM3.2 billion in teaching Maths and Science in English over the past five years. Of the amount, the government paid a whopping RM2.21 billion for the purchase of information and computer technology (ICT) equipment which it is unable to give a breakdown. Government paid more than RM6,000 per notebook vs per market price of less than RM3,000 through some new consortiums that was setup just to transact the notebook deal. There was no Maths & Science Content for the teachers and the notebooks are all with the teachers' children now.
33. The commission paid for purchase of jets and submarines to two private companies - Perimeker Sdn Bhd and IMT Defence Sdn Bhd amounted to RM910 million. Expanding on No. 2?
37. RM300 million to compensate Gerbang Perdana for the RM1.1 billion "Crooked Scenic Half-Bridge"
38. RM1.3 billion has been wasted building the white elephant Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) facilities on cancellation of the Malaysia-Singapore Scenic Bridge
39. RM100 million on renovation of Parliament building which leaks
40. National Astronaut (actually tourist) Programme – RM40 million
41. National Service Training Programme – yearly an estimate of RM 500 million
42. Eye of Malaysia - RM30 million and another RM5.7 million of free tickets
43. RM2.4 million on indelible ink
44. Samy Vellu announced in September 2006 that the government paid compensation amounting to RM38.5 billion to 20 highway companies. RM380 million windfalls for 9 toll concessionaires earned solely from the toll hike in 2008 alone
45. RM32 million timber export kickbacks involving companies connected to Sarawak Chief Minister and his family.
46. Two bailouts of Malaysia Airline System RM7.9 billion. At a time when MAS is incurring losses every year, RM1.55 million used to buy three paintings to decorate its Chairman’s (Munir) office. Expanding on No.11
47. Putra transport system bailout which cost RM4.486 billion.
48. STAR-LRT bailout costing RM3.256 billion.
49. National Sewerage System bailout costing RM192.54 million.
50. Seremban-Port Dickson Highway bailout costing RM142 million
51. Kuching Prison bailout costing RM135 million
52. Kajian Makanan dan Gunaan Orang Islam bailout costing RM8.3 million
53. Le Tour de Langkawi bailout costing RM3.5 Million
54. Wholesale distribution of tens of millions of shares in Bursa Malaysia under the guise of NEP to cronies, children and relatives of BN leaders and ministers worth billions of ringgit.
55. Alienation of tens of thousands of hectares of commercial lands and forestry concessions to children and relatives of BN leaders and Ministers worth tens of billions of ringgits.
56. Since 1997, Petronas has handed out a staggering RM30 billion in natural gas subsidies to IPPs who were reaping huge profits. In addition, there were much wastages and forward trading of Petronas oil in the 1990s based on the low price of oil then. Since the accounts of Petronas are for the eyes of the Prime Minister only, we have absolutely no idea of the amount.
57. RM5,700 for a car jack worth only RM50
58. Government-owned vehicle consumed a tank of petrol worth RM113 within a few minutes
59 A pole platform that cost RM990 was bought for RM30,000
60. A thumb drive that cost RM90 was bought for RM480
61. A cabinet that cost RM1,500 was bought for RM13,500
62. A flashlight that cost RM35 was bought for RM143
63. Expenses for 1Malaysia campaign paid to APCO?
64. RM17 billion subsidy to IPP
65. US$24 million Diamond Ring for Ro$mah - Cancellation of Order - how much compensation ?
66. CowGate . . . RM250 Million
67. Monsoon Cup . . . RM800 million per year
68. Illicit Fund Transfers out of Malaysia ( 2000 - 2009) : RM 1,077,000,000,000!
69. Tajudin-Danaharta settlement to cover up for Dr M and Daim
70. Billions of ringgit toll concessions that disadvantage the government and taxpayers”......
71. Najib pindah 7 bilion daripada dana 1 Malaysia Development Berhad MDB telah dipindahkan ke akaun rahsia luar Negara
72. rasuah dan penyelewengan peminpin umno Terengganu ddalam projek Jalan Lingkaran Tengah 2 (MRR2) yang dimulakan pada 2004.
73. Najib berbelanja RM58 billion bagi tujuan kempen PRU 13 by Dr Bridget Welsh
74. PM Malaysia Najib mengakui saham bumiputera RM52 Bilion telah hangus dan lesap yang tinggal cuma RM2Bilion daripada jumlah asal RM54Bilion yang diperuntukkan untuk syarikat bumiputera.
75. LDP Highway Robbery! Capital Cost of RM 1.3 billion, profit for cronies to amazing RM 18.7 billion
76. Hutang kerajaan drp duit rakyat KWSP mencapai ke RM 144.5 billion
77. Lapuran yg dkeluarkan oleh Tan Sri Hasan Marican selaku presiden dan ketua eksekutif Petronas bahawa keuntungan Petronas sehingga 2007 adalah RM 570 billion dgn bayaran kpd kerajaan umno RM 336Billion. Baki petronas dgunakan utk melabur ddlm paip Saluran gas, logi2 penapis petrokimia dan lain2….. RM336 Billion umno pegang hilang kemana??
I rest my case for now!