The last time I checked everything that UMNO wants to do to maintain power with or without going through the election process of the 13th General Elections is on stream, within budget and on schedule. Let us go through their checklist together:
· PDRM, Armed Forces and all federal government agencies and ministries under UMNO’s control. Done.
· Chief Justice and Attorney General under UMNO control. Done.
· Finance: All cash cows like Petronas, EPF, Tabung Haji, Government controlled Banks, Pension Funds under UMNO’s control. Done.
· Civil service under UMNO’s control. Done.
· Education: All Primary and Secondary schools and institutions of Higher Education and Universities under UMNO’s control. Done.
· ISA still in force. Done! Done! Done!
· UMNO to strengthen and put into place structure at Federal, State and local level - in urban and rural areas – that will ‘compliment’ if not take over any functions that government agencies or departments are unable to do. Done.
· Create chaos and ensure breakdown and meltdown of all political parties and NGO’s not with UMNO through any means necessary. Work in progress. Going well.
· Stockpile of weapons and small arms for use by UMNO – primarily Pemuda UMNO - members to ‘assist’ PDRM and Army to “manage” non-Malay and ‘troublesome’ Malay population. Done.
· Population engineering to ensure Malays are the dominant race. Work in progress and going well. All core targets met.
· All Media – newspaper and TV under UMNO’s control. Done.
· Ability to declare a ‘cyber security emergency’ relating to non-governmental computer networks and do what is necessary for the Barisan Nasional government to take control of the Internet are in place. This will include the power to disconnect private – sector computer from the Internet and for the Barisan Government to take control of portions of the Internet they deem ‘harmful’ to national security.
What can be done to prevent this from happening?
· Opposition to put into place media facilities to combat UMNO’s strength in this field. What the opposition has done is woefully inadequate. The Barisan Nasional government has effective control over these outlet and can turn them on and off on a need basis – including the Internet.
· Appeal to International Media and other Governments: Possible and they will make the appropriate protest but their interest in Malaysia cannot be sustained as we do not have anything of interest to the West – like massive oil reserves, gold etc. Burma has been left well alone by the west for the same reason.
· Will the population rise against UMNO’s? Possibly for the first few weeks but the BN government can effectively isolate all protests and demonstrations against their actions by using PDRM, the Armed Forces and Pemuda UMNO if need be. Even now when we are “Free” they can deal with any demos and protest effectively by using the ISA and PDRM – what more when they rule by decree and emergency rule.
· Can we appeal to the Judiciary? Yes in principal – but nothing will happen – as demonstrated time and time again when they have a Chief Justice and an Attorney General compliant to their wishes.
· Parliament will be suspended. All ‘non compliant” opposition MP will be arrested or neutralized.
· Population/Rakyat: UMNO will carry on with their population engineering. With generous financial concessions and more “Ketuanan Melayu” benefits within a short time the bulk of the Malays and Indonesians Bumiputra will be with UMNO.
Within a short time of the imposition of “Guided Democracy” by UMNO, with the token participation of MIC and MCA and the superficial “concessions” given to Malays it will be business as usual within a matter of months – and UMNO will go back to the plundering and pillaging of our country.
As Mahathir has said “Melayu mudah lupa”.
Apart from some insignificant protest by NGO’s nobody will care or be bothered about what has happened within Malaysia – not even its own people because with complete control over everything – UMNO can and will control what the population will know and what UMNO wants them to know. And within six month the mass of the population will accept that the ‘change” has been good for everybody – especially UMNO!
And so my friends time is not our our side. We do not have the leadership, the infrastructure, the people, the finances and the will power to effect change. It seems impossible and yet most of the things worth doing has been declared impossible before they were done...our last General Election was one such miracle. And we want the impossible!
"Impossible is not a fact. It's is an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing".
Too many impossibles has happened in our country these last few years. We have impossibly a Prime Minister who is still to be cleared of complicity in the Altantuya murder, billions upon billions of ringgits lost in dubious transactions by the Barisan Nasional government, a Police Force murdering suspects in custody, a Malayian Anti-Corruption Corporation complicit with the BN government in furthering and hiding corruption, the theft of Jet Engines from a secured RMAF base, a former Prime Minster overtly directing the most insidious Racialistic NGO movement with the tacit approval of the Federal Government that chooses to look the other way and now the massive Economic Transformation Programme that will unleash the final orgy of plundering and pillaging of our country by UMNO before the ultimate demise of what is left of our beloved country.
What say you my friends? Are we going to sit down and accept all this? Tell me what you will do? Let Barisan Nasional understand that they will have a fight on their hands. Let Pakatan Rakyat know that while we are with them we will not suffer their petty internal bickering in silence. And they will ignore our concerns at their own perils!
I know that most of you will read what I write with a shrug of your shoulder and go back to sunday breakfast, lunch or dinner. Some of you might take the trouble to post what I write on to your facebook or email same to some of your friends ....and if you do I am grateful. All that I hope to do is to awaken that awareness in your head and make you understand that if you are quiet, if you do nothing and if you do not care enough be an activist in our attempts to get a decent and responsible government to take care of us and our country - then be prepared to live under another corrupt and irresponsible government after the 13th General Election.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing".