Do you want to kill me, asked the fallen policeman. OK chief, said the gunman: Moment officer was executed in Paris street as he pleaded for his life
- Horrific footage shows officer Ahmed Merabet - believed to be Muslim - being shot in the head at point-blank range
- The 42-year-old married officer seen raising his hand in an appeal for mercy, as he lies wounded on the pavement
- Masked gunmen stormed Charlie Hebdo magazines headquarters in Paris with AK-47s shouting 'Allahu akbar!'
- They stalked building asking for people's names before killing editor, three cartoonists and the deputy chief editor
- Militants believed to be from Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula which was behind plane bomb plots in US and UK
- Three suspects said to be all French citizens - a homeless teenage man aged 18, and two brothers aged 32 and 34
- Gunmen identified as Said Kouachi, 34, and his brother Cherif, 32, as well as Hamyd Mourad, 18, from Reims
- Mourad surrendered to police 'after seeing his name on social media' and was arrested, source close to case said
- Britain offered for MI5 and MI6 to join hunt as border guards were on high alert for suspects attempting to flee to UK
This is the disturbing moment that a murdered police officer pleaded for his life before being shot dead by masked gunmen who launched a deadly terrorist attack on an anti-Islamist newspaper in France.
A video from the scene of yesterday's massacre shows officer Ahmed Merabet - believed to be a Muslim - lying wounded on the pavement and begging for mercy before being shot at point-blank range by the terrorists.
As they approach, the 42-year-old is seen raising his hand in appeal for mercy, before asking: ‘Do you want to kill me?’ The gunman then answers: ‘OK chief’ before shooting him through the head with the assault rifle.
Target: After halting their car, the terrorists fire assault rifles at a policeman who tried to stop them, following the massacre at the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in Paris
Helpless: The gunmen move in on the officer as Ahmed Merabet - who is believed to have been a Muslim - lies wounded on the pavement
Pleading: Mr Merabet, 42, who was married, raises his hand in an appeal for mercy as the terrorists approach him with their weapons
Callous: One of the terrorists fires at the officer at point-blank range. The attack took place yesterday and killed 12 people
Killing: Leaving the 42-year-old married officer to die, they run off, sparking a massive manhunt which was continuing last night
The gunmen then return to the car driven by an accomplice, sparking a massive manhunt which was continuing last night.
The shocking images were broadcast all over the world, depicting the sheer brutality of the horror that unfolded in the attack at the Charlie Hebdo offices in Paris, in which 12 innocent people were killed.
Among the victims, the Al Qaeda assassins – identified as two brothers and an 18-year-old accomplice, all with Algerian links – shot dead two policemen.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2901396/Do-want-kill-asked-fallen-police-officer-OK-chief-said-gunman-Moment-officer-murdered-street-pleaded-life.html#ixzz3ODe73qT7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook