steadyaku47

Thursday 6 January 2011


[steadyaku47] New comment on As I see it..
From:
Anonymous 
View Contact
To:husseinhamid@y7mail.com

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "As I see it.":

Many politicians are oblivious to the mayhem they have created in Malaysia. They focus on ridiculous issues that should not be on top of their priorities. They focus on racial and religious differences and segregate all of us to further their own political agendas. They stoop so low as to play the racial card to gain the votes and retain their positions of power. WHY? What happened to those elementary school days when Chinese wore baju kurung, Indians wore cheongsam and Malays wore punjabi outfits for Merdeka day? I am deeply saddened by this. The real issues that we should tackle are- POVERTY. HEALTHCARE. SOCIAL INJUSTICE. If we can set aside our differences and combine our intelligent minds together- we'd make a wonderful, wonderful nation.

Everytime I walk around the hospital wards, I see innocent lives. Not Chinese, Indian or Malays but souls. People like you and I... People with children, families, struggling to have a roof over their heads. If you peel off the first layer of SKIN we have, we're all essentially the same and yet created so differently at the same time. Why can't we appreciate these differences and learn from each other?

Everyone tells me to leave Malaysia. And I used to agree with them. But witnessing how innocent civillians suffer due to these idiotic policies really propelled me to contemplate and reconsider my options. I want to stay and contribute to the betterment of our country. I am Chinese, I have friends from all racial backgrounds and I wouldn't have it any other way. If all the good people left, this country would be stuck in quagmire. Maybe a change won't happen in my time, but I hope to see it in generations to come, with God's grace and mercy.

Running away from Malaysia won't solve any problems. Sure, it may seem to provide a temporary solution but the underlying cause stems from how we were brought up. The intrinsic moral systems and values we grew up with. Racism exists EVERYWHERE whether we like it or not. We have to start educating ourselves. We have to learn to be open minded and more tolerant with each other. We have to do away with race-based superiority-inferiority complexes. Let's start treating each other with equal respect and dignity.



A hopeful Malaysian. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100% .
    That's why I never leave even most of my friends left to HK , Singapore , Australia , UK ....

    I want to stay to educate our young generations the important of 'living together'.

    Kepercayaan kepada Tuhan
    Kesetiaan kepada Raja & Negara
    Keluhuran Perlembagaan
    Kedaulatan Undang Undang
    Kesopanan dan Kesusilaan

    Btw , I am a Malaysian Chinese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I have been following your blog for sometime. Looks like you have abandoned the sinking ship and jumped onto UMNO's aircraft carrier. It is a sign of looking after my ricebowl. How can you sleep nights after selling your soul to the devil?? Prostituiting yourself so blatantly shows us your true color. I really thought you were an original. Boy, was I hoodwinked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where got Aircraft Carrier in our Navy? Submarine ada but still on trial! So how?

    ReplyDelete