steadyaku47

Friday 17 April 2015

cakap cakap...feeling stupid and happy at the same time.


How many of you have felt stupid and happy at the same time? Impossible? Let me story you what happened to me yesterday.

Since I had pay TV installed a few months back I have been watching some Football. The last time I really took an interest in football was during George Best's Manchester United days in the 1960's. I even remembered that day a long long time ago, when, for the first time I was able to name ALL the players playing in MU with George Best....ahhh those were the days...though for a while I was a bit confused about Charlton until I realized that there were two of them - Bobby Charlton and Jack Charlton - two brothers!



What I do these days is surf the TV channel and when I see a game of Football being played, click that channel and listen to the commentator to see if they are any names I would recognize playing in the matches being shown : Messi, Christiano Ronaldo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic,Suarez, Neymar,  Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Nehmar, Rooney, Gerrard..and if their names are mentioned I would stay on the channel to watch that match. I do not know the names of the clubs they play for only the name of the players matters to me....yes I can see some of you shaking your head in sorrow at my ignorance...but that was how ignorant I am and still am, about football.

Last night as I was surfing the sports channel I came across a football match that was just about to start and it said FC Barcelona - which sounded familiar  - so I stayed on the channel. As you know at the start of every game they put the names of the players and the position they play on the screen and I noticed that the three forwards for Barcelona were Messi, Suarez and Nehmar - my three favorite players and all playing for the same team! Jesus Christ! Why did I not know this before?

That was when I felt stupid not knowing that three of my favorite players  were on the same team and at the same time happy because I now know that whenever Barcelona plays - I can watch all three of them playing!

That is what I mean by feeling stupid and happy at the same time....have a nice day!





No comments:

Post a Comment