Suspension bridge colllapses
Questions that need to be answered:
· The Bridge is only three weeks old! Not yet even tested. No Certificate of Fitness? And yet already in use? Why?
· The hanging bridge overturned as the pillars of the hanging bridge (on the school side of the bridge) was only 2 feet deep! Why?
· The campsite was across a river (about 30 feet wide!) from the school across a fast flowing river – which even when the river subsided - was still 4 to 6 feet deep. Why?
· Why was a 1 Malaysia Camp/Motivation camp done during the rainy season?
· Did the camp organizers ensured there were enough Chaperon/Trained Teachers for safety and to deal with emergency situations?
· One of the Indian girls that died was a top scorer –a 5A’s student. An unnecessary waste of life!
· Human negligence have exposed these children lives to the peril of nature and resulted in the loss of three of these lives. Who will be accountable?
· If it were not for the heroic efforts of the local people in rescuing the other children and teachers - there would have been a greater tragedy!
· How long will the government delay investigation of this tragedy so that there will be no public accountability or responsibility to be imposed on the builders of the bridge and those responsible for this tragedy? Six months, one year…two years?